Hours: 22.5 hrs/week
Start Date: Feb 24/22
- POV and follow health and safety guidelines & policies of the Station Arts Centre and the province.
- Must be over the age of 19
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Available to work evenings, weekends and have a flexible schedule
- Serve It Right Saskatchewan and Canada Food Safe Certifications are required but can be taken once the job starts.
- Customer service, food and beverage service experience an asset
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Station Arts Centre is seeking an upbeat, personable Barista for our new Craft Beer & Coffee Bar. Be a part of something exciting as we invite patrons to experience art exhibits and live arts events along with delicious bites and beverages!
This person would be an assistant to the Front of House Manager. This is currently a part-time position with the potential for full-time towards the end of the year. A flexible schedule for this role is key as the barista is required to be present for all events and private rentals. Evening and weekend work will be required. The barista is responsible for welcoming and assisting patrons, food and beverage service, and ensuring that the tables and gallery are clean at all times. It is important for the barista to ensure a positive customer experience is had by all Station patrons. This person works well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
TASKS & ATTRIBUTES
- Welcome patrons, maximize visitor experience
- Engage with visitors
- Communicate and work in tandem with the Front of House Manager
- Prepare and serve all beverage and food orders
- Be creative and have a good sense of aesthetics
- Handle point-of-sale transactions
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Assist with social media where needed
- Capable of working alone, self-motivated
- Efficient, dedicated to quality, well organized, time management skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A welcoming , dynamic and inspiring work environment
- A chance be a part of excellent arts and cultural events
- Opportunities to connect with artists, community members and tourists on a regular basis
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Barista” in the subject line.