Seeking FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER for our Craft Beer & Coffee Bar
Station Arts is now accepting applications for the Front of House Manager position at our Craft Beer & Coffee Bar. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Paulo at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 2/22.
STATION ARTS CENTRE CO-OPERATIVE
Position: FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER position Employment Type: Full time
Employment Status: Term with possibility to become permanent Hours: 36 hours/week
Salary: starting at $ 21 / hour
Start Date: negotiable
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Station Arts Centre in Rosthern is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and experienced Front of House Manager for our new Craft Beer and Coffee Bar. The ideal person will plan, prepare and facilitate food & beverage service for select daytimes, evenings and special events in the Station’s gallery and theatre. If you are passionate about local makers and love great coffee, flavourful beer and good food – we want you to join our team!
The Station Arts is a not-for-profit centre for visual arts, music and theatre located between Saskatoon and Prince Albert. We are a cultural and community hub, with exciting programming slated for fall in our freshly renovated facility. Find out more at stationarts.com or on social media.
This opening is for a full-time position. A flexible schedule is key as the Front of House Manager is responsible for overseeing all events and private rentals. Evening and weekend work will be required. Some administrative tasks may be performed remotely from home if so desired.
The manager is responsible for ensuring a positive and safe customer experience for all of the Station’s visitors. This person is a public representative of the Station Arts Centre and builds the brand of the Station as a welcoming, accessible and inclusive organization. The manager should be friendly, efficient, organized and have good time management skills, as well as working well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Follow health & COVID-19 safety guidelines & policies of the Station Arts Centre and the province.
- Must be over the age of 19 years old.
- Provide a Criminal Record Check.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and have a flexible schedule.
- Hospitality, food & beverage and event planning experience an asset.
- Must have or be willing to take Serve It Right Saskatchewan and Canada Food Safecertifications.TASKS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Research, coordinate and build relationships with local makers, chefs and catering toprovide quality food items for arts events and daily patrons.
- Ensure food and drinks are ordered, stocked and presented in an artful way.
- Manage staffing for the Craft Beer and Coffee Bar, including staff scheduling.
- Welcome patrons, maximize visitor experience.
- Engage with visitors.
- Communicate and work in tandem with the Station’s Directors.
- Food and beverage service as needed.
- Handle point-of-sale transactions.
- Oversee all events to supervise the craft bar/kitchen and box office.
- Be creative and have a good sense of aesthetics (food and beverage presentationespecially).
- Handle phone inquiries.
- Able to contribute to social media.
- Be knowledgeable of the Station programming.
- Manage ticket sales and related tasks.
- Organize and supervise volunteers for event-based duties.
- Manage private rentals.
- Other, related administrative duties.
- Capable of working alone and as part of a team; self-motivated.
- Efficient, dedicated to quality, well organized, time management skills.
- Strong leadership and initiative; takes ownership.What we offer:
- A warm, social and friendly workplace with unlimited potential!
- A chance to hear great music, see new art shows and be a part of live arts events!
- The opportunity to do something original and exciting for the community.
- The possibility of creating memorable experiences for those who visit the Station ArtsCentre.